Your Move In Must Haves!
FIRST HOUSE ESSENTIALS CHECKLIST
- Scissors and tape. Two basic office supplies that go a looooong way when it comes to cutting tape, opening boxes and snipping tags on new house purchases.
- Water. Bless your heart if you can handle straight tap where you live – if not, a water filter goes a long way. You’ll be #parched from all the commotion, and instead of running to convenience stores 24/7, save the cash and just filter your own.
- Hand soap. Your bathroom might not be as clean as you usually keep it unless our sister company the Clean Team came through and already took care of that for you. Have hand soap available because you obvi will want to wash your hands.
- Paper towels and toilet paper. Messes happens, we try to prevent them but sometimes we cannot! You will also just want to clean the place down if you did not have the opportunity before moving in.
- Phone chargers. Because it’s the 21st century.
- Towels. How are you suppose to dry off with no towel? Make sure it is a cozy one too!! Why? Because you deserve it!!!
- A laundry basket. As you start to unpack clothes, you will for sure find things that most definitely need washing, and you will also find things you might not even want or need anymore. Have a separate space to throw laundry, as well as one to put any “to donate” or “to get rid of” items.
- Contact lens solution + prescriptions. The drugstore essentials that you just can’t go without on a daily basis.
- SNACKS. Snacks make everything better. Avoid being hangry by having lots of snacks on hand for your convenience.
- Comfy clothes + bed stuff. After a long day let alone moving, you’re going to crash hard. Have comfy clothes on hand to throw on, as well as blankets and pillows for a good night!!
- All-purpose cleaner. Because it’s your brand new house…Don’t want it to be as clean as possible!? Have a cleaner on-hand to wipe down any countertops or shared spaces, bathroom areas, etc. Also useful if you’re inheriting a fridge or any other big kitchen appliances!
- A first aid kit. Before moving, we were told to take a pain reliever before you lift any heavy boxes, to lessen the back pain you’ll feel after the process. Definitely something worthwhile to consider.
- Keys. I’d recommend bringing a jar to store your new keys. If your situation is anything like some, the seller gave us, like, multiple keys to the place, as well as garage beepers and spares. Do not get yourself into a dilemma; just store them in one safe space for easy grab-n’-go.
- A shower curtain. The shower though. I mean how is this not important, quite laughable!!
- Self-care products. If you know you know… Self-care is the best care! But all serious though when you are exhausted, dirty, and feeling reckless you will want nothing more to shower. Make sure you’ve got a wash cloth, towel, and the right body products all ready into place at moving day. These awesome tips are move-in must-have worthy if there ever was one!
THERE ARE CERTAIN THINGS WE DO THAT MAKE THINGS A LOT EASIER AROUND THE HOUSE. STRONG HANDS, LLC., IS MORE THAN GLAD TO HELP GET CLIENTS MOVED IN AND SETTLED (E.G., PACKED, MOVED, AND UNPACKED) JUST GIVE US A CALL TO BOOK WITH US TODAY AT (607) 342-6761.