12 Stress Free Moving Tips
Let Strong Hands, LLC., help you! Here are our top 8 stress free moving hacks and packing tips that everyone appreciates!! We will guide you how to pack efficiently, save space, and make sure fragile items make it through the move! Our tips will make it easier on everyone than they have ever been. We have organizing tips that will help for moving without the hassle.
Moving your home can be exciting and incredibly stressful within the same breathes. Whether leaving college, moving out of your parents into your our apartment, or moving your family home from somewhere you had been since your children had been born to a place starting completely fresh. Strong Hands, LLC., is available to give all of our expertise tips and careful hands to help you get to where you want to be. Maybe you are relocating for a new job, upsizing or downsizing, all of our clients want their move to be as easy and painless as possible which is why they chose to hire us.
Most of our moving tips are essential to having a successful stress-free move that will not cost clients their sanity.
- We always suggest that our clients declutter first. Before we start packing, we ask clients to go through their possessions and get rid of anything they no longer have use for and that they do not want to take with them. Doing this, there will be less to unpack later and will take up less space later on in the new place. What point is there dragging baggage with you just to get rid of it or donate it later? Get rid of it or give it away even make a little extra money of it if possible before moving.
- START EARLY we always recommend to start early because better now than ever, right? Packing always takes longer than expected so begin early as possible! This will prevent chaos come moving day. Start with the things you do not use often then move onto to the things you do use daily packing them last.
- Cleaning is always suggested! You want to start fresh? So make sure all of the things that you are choosing to take with you are clean by dusting all of your ornaments, washing any dirty clothes – you will have enough to do in the new place, trust us you will not want to be washing piles of laundry as well. If you are moving out of rented housing you will also have to clean it before leaving if you want to get your security deposit back. When you get into your new place, give it a good scrub, hire our sister company the Clean Team by calling 607-220-3578. Even if it looks clean, give yourself the peace of mind of knowing for sure that the place has been taken care of professionally without wasting your energy.
- Hire us Strong Hands, LLC., for packing assistance for a low cost. We will not only leave you feeling relieved from our experienced applied packing but excited! Never buy cardboard boxes when we can provide them for a low rate. Also we will use any boxes, baskets and bags clients already have lying around to pack their clothes in suitcases because if you have it utilize it!! We show clients how to roll their clothing instead of folding them and fitting more in. Another thought clients do not need to buy bubble wrap – we provide it within the low cost and can wrap breakable items such as plates, glasses etc., in clothes, towels, tea towels, blankets and, if they have a bag of plastic bags we will utilize them as padding between items. It’s also a awesome idea to put toiletries in carrier bags in case they leak.
- PACKING EFFICIENTLY our team puts lighter items in big boxes and heavier items in smaller boxes, otherwise the box might not be able to hold the weight of the items and fall apart when you pick it up. If clients have a mixture of both heavy and light items in a box, we keep the heavier items at the bottom so they don’t crush everything else. Boxes are marked exteriorly which room the items came from (e.g., kitchen, bathroom, etc.) and made note of a few of the items inside. This prevents any rummaging through ten boxes just marked vaguely. We always write FRAGILE on any boxes with breakables in them.
- ALWAYS DO THIS pack an overnight bag full of things that are needed to be able to find easily on moving day. The bag should include the following any toiletries, phone chargers, some bottles of water, toilet paper, any important medication, cleaning supplies, bed linen, nightclothes and a change of clothes for the next day. It will be a long, busy, tiring, and possibly hectic day, being able to grab these things without running through loads of boxes will help a lot greatly!
- Keep all important paperwork and documents safe yet accessible (e.g., birth certificates, passports, wills, house deeds and insurance papers) together in one box or file so that you know where to locate them. Clients should also scan them to make digital copies in case anything happens to them during the move (e.g., fire, burglary). We would strongly not like to see clients lose their hard copies at any time so it’s sensible to back them up). We recommend clients changing their address with everywhere that has it, get their mail forwarded to their new address for the first few months in case there’s anywhere you’ve forgotten to give it to. We also suggest that clients not forget to update their driving license with their new address, too.